Having beautiful flushed red lips is certainly everyone’s dream. As a woman, lipstick is one of the must-have makeups. Many people use lip products from lipstick to lip balm to enhance the appearance of the lips. Although the shape is small, but the function is very large, it can change your appearance instantly.
Now a lot of different lipstick offered by a cosmetics company, of which are moisturizing or satin to matte. Lipstick did make an appearance so more beautiful and fresh. But not everyone can fit in with the content on a specific lipstick.
Did you feel an itch on the lips? You could be exposed to allergy to lipstick. The occurrence of allergy can be caused from substances, fragrances, colorants or flavorings in lipstick are not acceptable by the body’s immune system. Then what are the telltale signs that you are experiencing allergy lipstick? How do I solve it?
Here are some symptoms that appear on allergy lipstick:
1. Skin blackened lips due to biting skin that itches.
2. Lips chapped and peeling.
3. Lip feels hot and itchy.
4. Upper and lower Lips become swollen.
5. Not only lips, eyes and nose can be swollen even watery.
6. Numbness or numb fingers on bottom and top lip.
7. Abdominal pain, nausea, and even diarrhea may occur.
8. Presence of a swelling in the throat, making it difficult to breathe.
So, what causes allergies lipstick?
As already mentioned earlier, allergy lipstick can appear due to an incompatibility with the materials contained on the lipstick. The materials that you need to consider before buying a lipstick include perfumes, talc, phenoxyethanol, parabens, formaldehyde, and methylchloroisothiazolinone.
Is it true that the perfume is on lipstick? Of course, since it is not a little lipstick product that has a fragrance-fragrance of delicious likes vanilla or fruit. The actual perfume instead of trigger allergies, but can result in the occurrence of irritation.
Paraben is one ingredient that surely often encountered on body care products to cosmetics. Many various types of paraben methylparaben, isobutylparaben ranging from, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isopropylparaben, and others. If you have sensitive skin then you need to be vigilant with these materials. Dermatitis, inflammation of the skin, until the appearance of the rash can appear due to an allergic reaction on a paraben.
TALC is cosmetic ingredients that we often come across and used as a powder. Many who suspect the talc could be carcinogenic because are carcinogens, but one thing is for sure talc can indeed be the cause of allergy. Avoid cosmetic talc materials on content if you have skin allergies and sensitive skin.
How to cope with allergies lipstick?
Lipstick allergies caused by non-hypoallergenic content that is in lipstick, therefore we recommend that you let your mouth a break then and stop wearing lipstick while. After that visit the doctor to find out what content makes you allergic on lipstick, so that you can choose lipstick without these materials.
Tips so that you may quickly cured of allergies:
1. To relieve the itching, you can use tea bags that are already cooled in the refrigerator.
2. Apply Aloe Vera gel on the lips. Content in Aloe Vera is good for sensitive skin.
3. Lip Compresses with ice cubes for a few minutes to reduce swelling. Do every day until the swelling is reduced.
4. Visit the doctor, to relieve allergies on the lips maybe you will be assigned an antihistamine medications.
Now that’s some information about the signs that you are having an allergic lipstick and how to overcome it. So, before buying lipstick, preferably also note ingredients contained in lipstick, so that you can avoid allergies on the lips.