Testicular size differences often make men worry. Testicular size is slightly different between the right and left are in fact normal as long as it is not accompanied by pain. However, if the difference in size is big enough, you need to be alert.
The testicle is oval-shaped organ that hangs in the scrotum on the back of the p*nis. The testes of *dult male have a size of about 15 ml (approximately the size of a bird’s egg) up to 35 ml (approximately the size of a chicken egg). The main function of the testes is for storing and producing sperm, as well as producing testosterone. Testosterone is a hormone that is responsible for the physical changes of puberty time.
Puberty in men began to occur when they are between 9-14 years and can last until the age of 21 years. The time of puberty, the boys will undergo physical changes that are rapidly becoming a grown man. The changes that occur, among others, the sound becoming heavier, grew around the intimate parts, and the increase in reproductive organs.
Physically, at puberty the size of the p*nis and testes becomes large. This is followed by the scrotum becomes darker and begin to grow hair. At this time, the testes that are part of the male reproductive organs can produce sperm. Sperm is ejected in semen, white viscous fluid, through ejaculation. This means a man can already fertilize a woman’s egg and produce offspring.
One testicle is larger than the other is actually a normal thing. In General, the testicle the right even tends to be larger than the left. In addition, one of the testes tend to hang lower on scrotal testes compared them.
Although normal, testicular size difference shouldn’t be accompanied by pain. Under normal conditions, you will not feel pain when moving, sitting, and standing. In addition, differences in size are both supposed to be not too big, so it’s not much different. The difference in size of testicles is generally not more than half a teaspoon.
To check if your testicle is healthy or not, use the following methods:
1. Position the body in a standing position. Flex your right side of the testis gently with your thumb and index finger. The testicles will feel like eggs.
2. Check if there are any lumps, pain, or software area.
3. Grasp the bottom of the scrotum to examine the epididymis. Epididymis is a channel that is attached to the testicle. Its function is to store sperm, the sperm out of the testes to transmit while ejaculation and help nourish on the testes.
4. Repeat the previous movements to the left testicle.
Testicular examination independently is advised to do at least once every month, and important done especially for you who have a history of testicular tumor, testicle does not descend to sktrotum, or have a family ever had cancer the testes.
If the difference in size of testicles is big enough, accompanied by pain, swelling, and bumps, there are colored reddish, this condition can be a symptom of the following diseases:
1. Hidrokel is the buildup of fluid in the scrotum around the testes. This fluid buildup can be normal as you get older and do not require treatment. However, hidrokel can also indicate the presence of inflammation of the testicles so swollen testicles.
2. Epididimitis is inflammation of the epididymis, i.e. the channel store sperm. Inflammation usually happens when this section experienced an infection. The cause could be due to s*xually transmitted diseases, such as chlamydia and gonorrhea.
3. The cyst epididymis, cyst formation in the epididymis is caused by excess fluid. This condition is harmless and does not require any maintenance.
4. The Varicocele, this condition arises due to the enlargement of the blood vessels veins at the scrotum, and usually does not need to be treated for not followed other symptoms, such as pain in the testicle when sitting are improved when lying down. Varicocele can be influential on the low quality and quantity of sperm, but not in all cases.
5. Orkitis is an inflammation of the testicles caused by viral infection. Orkitis can cause testicular damage.
6. Testicular Torsio also called a twisted testicle. These conditions may slow down or even stop the blood flow to the testicles can cause pain, and it is an emergency that requires immediate medical care.
7. Testicular Cancer occurs when cancer cells grow in the testes. Testicular cancer includes a rare disease. Only 4 out of 100 lump on testicle stated as cancer.
During testicular size variation is not too significant, and is not accompanied by the complaint and other symptoms such as pain in the testicles, ejaculation, problem or hard-earned offspring, and then your condition may not be dangerous. However, you are advised to consult a doctor immediately if difference size testicles accompanied other symptoms mentioned above, or the difference in size of testicles makes you worry.