Do you feel the blood vessels around the feet and calves have a more concentrated color? If yes, you may experience the problem of varicose veins. Varicose veins are a condition of the body (usually the case on the calves’ feet), caused by venous blood vessels widen and turn so it looks outstanding on the surface of the skin.
How to Prevent Varicose Veins
There are many causes of varicose veins, from pregnancy, menopause, and also the increasing age. However, that does not mean there is no way to prevent varicose veins. Following various tips to prevent varicose veins you can do:
- Start by getting a more regular exercise. This is due to sports activities can improve muscle strength and leg blood circulation in the veins.
- Do not stand or sit for too long. If you must stand for a long time, replace the foot positions every few moments to load. If you sit too long, try standing up and moving for a moment every 30-45 minutes. Also avoid sitting with crossed legs for too long.
- Do foot exercises to prevent varicose veins that can be done while sitting by rotating your ankles clockwise, and then rotate again in the direction of the defenses.
- Do diet because unbalanced weight will make the weight of the leg muscles heavier and lead to widening of the veins.
- Avoid salt consumption to avoid swelling and spicy foods can stimulate blood vessel dilation.
- Stop smoking because smoking is the one activity that is able to trigger the destruction of blood vessels.
- Consider switching to Flat Shoes. Use high heels at certain times, not too often to reduce the burden on the leg muscles. When using high heels for a long time, occasionally rest your feet by taking off your shoes and moving your feet for a few minutes.
- Do not use underwear or pants that narrow/tight at the waist, thighs, and legs that are able to inhibit the flow of venous vessels.
- Consumption of vitamins and nutrients. Vitamin C and vitamin E is good for your blood vessels as well as being able to help reduce the pain and cramping.
Varicose disease itself can occur because blood vessels are veins that are not able to restore the rest of the body’s metabolism of blood to the heart. Then, does it get eliminated varicose veins?
1. Eliminate varicose veins with a compression stocking
Compression stockings are one way of eliminating varicose veins you can try. Compression stockings are able to suppress venous vessels so as not to stick at one point, so the vein vessels flow more smoothly.
2. Consumption of Supplements to treat varicose veins
One way to treat varicose veins is by eating the right vitamins and supplements. You can start taking Omega 3 fats as much as 100 mg with routine daily as well as added with Ginkgo Biloba as much as 120mg two times in a day.
3. Vein Stripping Procedure
In the case of the already severe varicose disease, perhaps you could consider how to treat varicose veins surgically, namely this one. The procedure of Vein Stripping is renowned as one of the methods of treating the problem of varicose veins that are potent.
4. Utilize Sclerotheraphy
Sclerotherapy is a non-laser procedure and non-surgical that is generally done to tackle spider veins/varicose veins that appear at the bottom of the body. Therapy eliminates the spider veins are done using sterile solution (sclerosant) on the area of varicose veins to relax the blood vessels, thus gradually varicose veins will disappear.
By understanding how to prevent the arrival of varicose veins, sure you no longer need to dizzy thinking about how to treat varicose veins. Prevent is better than cure.