Choosing foods for diabetics have an important role to keep the sugar levels in the blood. Diabetic patients are not able to freely consume food. Because, if the intake, blood sugar levels can rise. To that end, it should be noted this type of food for diabetics that are allowed and not allowed.
The increase in blood sugar levels in diabetics can be risky pose an impact on health, such as fatigue, dizziness, nerve damage, kidney failure, heart disease, eye problems, are more vulnerable to infections and wounds, even lost consciousness or coma.
Diabetics need to be careful when eating a meal. In addition, treatment with diabetes also needs to be addressed by following a special diet, called medical nutrition therapy. In diabetics, this therapy advocated the consumption of nutritious foods that are low in fat and calories, so they keep blood sugar levels controlled.
The following is an example of good food choices for diabetics:
1. Vegetables processed by way of boiled, steamed, grilled, or consumed raw. Vegetables are good for diabetics consumed them are broccoli and spinach.
2. Fresh fruits. If you want to make it, it’s not juice plus sugar.
3. Food made from whole-grains or complex carbohydrates, such as red rice, roasted sweet potato, oatmeal, breads, and cereals from whole-grains.
4. Meat without fat or chicken without the skin.
5. Processed low-fat milk Products, like yogurt and eggs. Research shows that consumption of low-fat yogurt without additional sweeteners can prevent type 2 diabetes.
6. The various types of fish, such as tuna, salmon, sardines and mackerel. However, avoid fish with high mercury levels, such as tuna.
7. Legumes, including soy beans in the shape of a steamed tofu, cooked for soup, or sautéed.
8. Unsalted Popcorn.
For most people, the taste is not satisfied if the menu is not equipped white rice. But for diabetics, type of staple food is best avoided because it contains high sugar levels than other carbohydrate sources.
In addition to white rice, there are several other foods that should be avoided if you want to keep blood sugar levels, namely:
1. Cooked Vegetables with added salt, butter, cheese, and sauce in large quantities.
2. Canned Fruits containing a lot of sugar.
3. Fresh white Bread.
4. Food made of wheat flour.
5. High fat dairy products.
6. Fried foods, such as fried chicken, fried fish, fried plantain, and fried potatoes.
7. Canned vegetables containing high salt.
8. Fatty Meat.
9. Popcorn is rich in flavor
10. Skin chicken.
If you suffer from diabetes, it is recommended to consume homemade meals. That way you can monitor raw materials and supplementary materials just about anything that will be used in foods for your consumption. In addition to the jelly in selecting foods for diabetics, you are also advised to routinely check their blood sugar levels.
Types of blood sugar tests are as varied as the fasting blood sugar test, blood sugar tests during the test, the hemoglobin A1C (HbA1c), and oral glucose tolerance tests. Consult a doctor to determine what type of blood sugar test that matches your condition, along with a measure of food that fit for your body.
With a pattern of healthy eating, exercise, and proper treatment, then the blood sugar levels can be controlled more easily so that the risk of developing complications of diabetes will be lower.