Wheezing is a term to describe the high-pitched sound when breathing. This sound usually sounds when exhaling breath. Wheezing is a symptom of serious respiratory disorders that need the help of a doctor as soon as possible.
With a wheezing breath such as whistling, and be accompanied by a sense of tightness in your chest. Wheezing will sound louder and clearer if closing the ears while exhaling breath. Usually the doctor will use a stethoscope to listen to the sound of wheezing.
Wheezing is caused by narrowing and inflammation of the respiratory tract in the throat as well as leading to the lungs. Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is the cause of the emergence of wheezing is most common. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a term used for a number of diseases that attack the lungs in the long-term. The disease is blocking the flow of air from inside the lungs, making the sufferer will experience shortness of breath.
Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease are the most common causes, but any inflammation in the throat or respiratory tract may cause wheezing, for example from allergic reactions, infections, or airway irritation. Wheezing can also be caused by factors from outside the body, such as the presence of foreign objects that are inadvertently inhaled. The following causes of wheezing are full:
2. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
5. Foreign object inhaled.
6. Anaphylactic reaction.
8. Heart failure.
9. Diseases of the gastric acid.
10. Disorders of the vocal cords.
11. Sleep apnea.
12. Lung cancer.
To identify the cause of wheezing, you need to see a doctor. The doctor will ask a medical history through several questions, such as when to recur, how long it feels, wheezing or other complaints that arise after consuming certain foods.
Then the doctor will use a stethoscope to listen to the voice of your lungs and your breath. If this is your first time experiencing wheezing, the doctor may recommend complementary examinations, such as chest X-rays and breathing tests or spirometri. Other tests such as blood tests and allergy tests may also be performed, depending on the history of your illness and the doctor’s examination results.
Medically, wheezing treatment depends on the cause. If wheezing is caused by asthma, there are several types of treatment that can be used:
1. Quick work in the form of Bronchodilator inhalers (inhaled medications), to widen the airway.
2. Inhale Corticosteroids.
3. Combination of inhalers and corticosteroids.
4. Cure asthma controllers to reduce inflammation.
5. In addition, treatment with one of the most important steps in the handling of asthma is avoiding precipitating factors in asthma, wheezing and tightness of the complaint in order on asthma does not appear.
Whereas if the wheezing caused by bronchitis, often the doctor will give you:
1. To launch a Bronchodilator, breathing.
2. Antibiotics, if found a bacterial infection.
For wheezing accompanied by shortness of breath and severe threats failed the breath, the condition needs to be treated immediately by a doctor at the hospital.
The symptoms of wheezing can be relieved by hot steam. Way by turning on a steamy bathroom or use for steam-producing machine.
Recommended that you immediately visit a doctor, especially if you have the following conditions:
1. First time experiencing wheezing.
2. Wheezing often relapse.
3. Wheezing appeared after being bitten by an animal, such as bees.
4. Wheezing comes after taking medication or certain foods.
5. Accompanied by severe shortness of breath.
6. Wheezing comes after choking on food or foreign objects.
Do not underestimate wheezing, because wheezing can be a symptom of a serious illness. Especially if wheezing accompanied by the following symptoms:
1. Shortness of breath to feel suffocated. This could be a sign of severe asthma or allergic reactions.
2. Dizziness, coughing up blood, shortness of breath, and accompanied by great pain in the chest. This is a symptom of pulmonary embolism.
3. Accompanied by a fever of 38-degrees Celsius or more. Wheezing accompanied by fever is a symptom of an infection, such as pneumonia or acute bronchitis.
4. Skin and lips look bluish (cyanosis). This condition indicates the oxygen levels in the blood decreases due to severe respiratory disorders.
Own any of the symptoms of wheezing, it is still an indication of abnormal on the respiratory tract. If left untreated, symptoms of wheezing, potentially causing failed breath that can culminate in death. Therefore, if there is a sign of respiratory disorders be wheezing, immediately consult a doctor.