Catfish is one of the many side dishes popular. Come find out the benefits of catfish from the content of its nutrition value, as well as a portion of the right to health of the body. One of the most catfish recipes good known in Indonesia is “Pecel Lele”. In this dish, the deep fried catfish or burned then comes with vegetables and chili sauce.
Catfish is a species of fish that are farmed a lot for the sake of consumption in Indonesia. This fish is said to have many nutrient content which is beneficial for the health of the body.
Each 100 grams catfish contains:
- 145 calories of energy
- 15.45 grams protein
- 9.09 fat grams
- 65 milligrams sodium
- 82 milligrams cholesterol fatty acids saturated 2730 grams
In addition, the Catfish is regarded as one of the fresh water fish with nutrient content that is not less than seafood, such as shrimp, canned tuna, salmon, and Pollock. Catfish also contain mercury.
In general, fish is one good source of protein. However, be careful in serving fish especially in infants, children, pregnant women, and women who are breastfeeding. Choose fish that contain least mercury, such as catfish. Excessive mercury in the body can be bad for the health of the body, including causing growth disorders in children, tremor, numbness, depression, and even loss of memory in *dults.
But keep in mind, the catfish also contain unhealthy fatty acid levels are high. These fatty acids are not good for heart health. To take the benefits of catfish, while simultaneously pressing the risk, we recommend that you limit the consumption of catfish. In addition, vary the intake of other types of fish that are rich in nutrients, such as salmon and tuna. Fish consumption is recommended about two times a week, or the equivalent of 340 grams of fish a week.
That is not less important in taking the benefits of catfish that is looking at how to cook it. Cook with healthier way. In addition to Fried Catfish, can be steamed or boiled. Catfish included source of animal protein is good for the body. Please choose the way of processing the corresponding menu is healthy and tastes, to maximize the benefits of catfish.
Catfish Recipes Sausage Jambalaya
For this recipe, you need to prepare:
- 220 grams of catfish
- 1 medium-size onion cloves, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 100 grams of sausage that has been thinly sliced
- 400 g tomatoes, diced
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 200 grams of rice
- 60 ml tomato
- 1 ½ tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ TSP dried thyme leaves
- ¼ TSP pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ TSP chili powder
How to make:
1. Clean the catfish from the entrails and the dirt that clings to the past cut meat catfish into pieces. Then clean the back with running water and then drain.
2. Heat oil in a skillet. Put onions, garlic, and celery. Sauté until fragrant, then enter the sausage and catfish. Let stand until fish meat turns golden yellow.
3. Input the other ingredients, such as chicken broth, rice, tomato paste, tomato, paprika, oregano, thyme and chili. Cover the skillet and cook for about 20 minutes until rice turns into rice.
4. Stir rice mixture and catfish. Let stand again for 5 minutes. Serve while still hot.