How to speed up WiFi connection on Laptop and PC include:
1. Network Reset and Try Flushing DNS
Flush DNS is used to reset the DNS client (computer) cache that is being used to adjust information from changes that occur in a domain, name server, DNS with new data. If you do this, it will usually solve the problem of an unstable internet connection.
How to reset network and way of flushing the DNS:
- Open a Command Prompt by right click, and select Run as Administrator.
- Type in ipconfig/flushdns then press Enter on the keyboard.
- When you are finished, type ipconfig/renew and then Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt and try to access the internet.
One of the important things as a way of speeding up the WiFi connection is making sure your computer gets an optimal signal. WiFi location is one of the crucial things that so the deciding factor.
Be sure to consider the following issues for better WiFi signals:
- Avoid putting the router in place that eclipsed wall or iron.
- You can use the repeater, a device that serves to catch the WiFi signals and emit them back, as one way of speeding up the WiFi connection. Place on a minimal area WiFi signals.
- Stay away from equipment that uses Bluetooth or microwave from either router or computer. Signal equipment will interfere with the performance of the WiFi signal.
For users or laptop computer with operating system Windows 8, Windows by default to allocate 20% of the bandwidth for Windows Update needs, and 80% of the available bandwidth to the internet. One way to speed up the WiFi connection that you can try is to set the full bandwidth to the internet.
The trick, which is as follows:
- Click on Start Run > > type "gpedit.msc" (without the quotes).
- Click toward the Local Computer Policy Computer Configuration > > Administrative Templates.
- Click the Network then QoS Packet Scheduler.
- Click twice (double click) on the Limit Reservable Bandwidth.
- Click the Enable menu. After that, enter a value of 0 on the bandwidth limit.
- Click Apply.
- Restart your computer.
How to improve WiFi connection is by setting the IRPStackSize even higher. If you increase this value, then you will be able to gain a more optimum Internet speed. By default, the value of IRPStackSize is 15, but this value can be added up to 50.
For that, you must change the settings, the following way:
- Click on Start Run > > type "regedit" (without the quotes) to open the Registry Editor.
- Click the heading HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesLanmanServerParameters.
- In the Parameters folder, right click on the file named "IRPStackSize" DWORD, click Modify, and change its value being 50.
- If the file is not found, create a new DWORD file by right-clicking, New, DWORD Value. Create the name "IRPStackSize" and Value 50.
- Click OK, and close the Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer.
One of the problems often encountered in the related slow WiFi connection is the fault of the election "canals". WiFi signal runs through the canals that are in open space. If there is a channel on a wide range of signals that run, the signal will be overlapping and can interfere with each other. It will eventually happen to the data loss and the signal must be rebroadcast, which will culminate in a decrease in the speed of the internet.
6. Use of WiFi Analysis Software for
You can use the WiFi Analyzer free software such as the free inSSIDer utility to see the Canal where the use of the most. After you find out which channel you can use, you can set up the channel on the router settings you use.
7. Check the position of the antenna Router
Position the antenna routers can determine the speed of the internet connection. For that, as much as possible make sure router antennas in the standing because at this position the router could be more effective in transmitting signal the internet to any device that you use.
8. Check Internet speed
When WiFi internet connection is slow, you must know what the problem is. One of them is to check the speed of your WiFi internet. If your internet connection is hampered but doesn't find any problems with the router, chances are the slow internet is from the internet service provider itself.
9. How strong WiFi signals
In addition to the speed of the internet, you should also check how strong the signals emitted by WiFi routers. To check it out, you can take advantage of special application to check the WiFi signal strength, such as a NetSpot, Wireshark, Amped, Cloudcheck, and others.
Make sure the WiFi signal is in the range of-60 decibels-milliwatts (dBm) to the over-50 dBm or above. If under-70 dBm, the signal emitted are too weak and not able to provide a good internet connection.
10. Use the Router is better
If all the above ways have you done one at a time but still fail, most likely the root of the problem is on the router itself. Maybe you already belong to a router ages long enough or has suffered damage to its performance declined. It could be also using low-end class device.
For that, make sure the router you have good quality. With little money to buy a new router with a better quality will greatly assist you in ensuring the internet signal at home always smoothly and quickly.
That's a few ways to speed up a WiFi connection that you can try easily. You can practice everything so that the internet connection becomes faster and increases your productivity.