Yogurt is a dairy product fermented by lactic acid-producing bacteria. Despite having the same micronutrient composition as milk, the levels of protein, vitamins, and minerals in yoghurt are higher. 240 mL low-fat yoghurt contains 50 percent more potassium, calcium, and magnesium than low-fat milk.
There are various benefits of yogurt for your health, one of them to support the success of diet programs that you are running. Benefits of eating yogurt to the diet comes from the various nutrients contained in it, such as protein, calcium, vitamins, and especially the good probiotics for healthy digestion and the immune system.
Content of probiotics in yogurt help release and enhance GLP-1 (hormone-lowering appetite), thus making you feel full longer. Increased levels of these hormones can help the body to burn calories and fat. Probiotics can also increase the levels of protein ANGPTL4, (which serves to lose flab).
Besides being useful for bone health, calcium content of yogurt also affect appetite, blood sugar levels, as well as the changing patterns of living good bacteria in the gut. Some research is also revealing, eating yoghurt is believed to prevent obesity, lose weight, eliminate body fat, and shrink waistlines.
There are a lot of yogurt products available in the market, such as cow's milk yogurt, yoghurt, soy milk, almond milk, yogurt and coconut milk yogurt. Cow's milk yogurt is rich in calcium and vitamin D, high in protein and low in calories.
While soy milk yogurt can be an option for those who are vegetarian or allergic to processed dairy products. However, this type of yogurt usually contains a lot of sugar and calories, so check labels carefully to make sure the content of sugar and calories.
Almond milk yogurt is also good is consumed by vegetarians and are sensitive to the processed milk products. Yogurt is rich in calcium, protein, and low in calories. Almond yogurt, however, should not be consumed by people who are allergic to nuts. While the coconut milk yogurt contain high fat and low in protein.
Here are some tips for getting good quality yogurt and diet program is effective for you, here's how:
1. Choose low fat yogurt or products without fat.
2. Make sure the yogurt you buy is healthy yogurt, IE protein content higher than the content of sugar in it.
3. Check yogurt product packaging before buying it to know the nutrition content and expiration date of the product.
4. Choose the products recommended yoghurt without sugar and artificial sweeteners. Sugar can be listed by other names such as sucrose, high fructose corn syrup, fruit juice, cane sugar, and agave nectar.
5. You can also serve yoghurt with a sprinkling of flaxseed which contains fiber and omega-3 fatty acids are good for the health of the body.
6. Avoid eating yogurt with fruit flavors or pieces of fruit in it, because generally these products contain high sugar levels.
7. Make sure the yogurt you buy products containing calcium, vitamin D, as well as the bacteria alive and active, such as probiotics, with sufficient quantities. Ideally, the yogurt contains vitamin D as an essential part of your daily calcium needs. The content of vitamin D will be written in the form of a percentage (% DV) on the label packaging yoghurt.
8. To get the sweetness, you can present the yogurt with a piece of fruit.
For those of you who like to eat yogurt as a nutritious diet, while intake of the following Ordinances: the correct storage of yoghurt
1. Protect your yogurt from other food that smells pungent with wrapped in rap
2. Take yogurt as much as you want to eat in a bowl using a spoon
3. Save the yogurt in the refrigerator after you buy it.
4. Spend on yogurt in 3 days after the packaging is opened.
5. Avoid freeze yogurt, because the freeze would affect the texture and taste.
6. To avoid bacterial contamination which will accelerate the decay, do not return the rest of yogurt that is not eaten into its original container.
To get the maximum benefits, the consumption of yoghurt for the diet in the appropriate portion and not excessive. Yogurt is recommended to be consumed one or two times a day. The recommended amount of yoghurt in a day is 100-200 grams.
For adults, the yogurt safely consumed as much as 200-450 ml per day. You can present it to breakfast cereal or snacks during the day when activity in the Office. Add yogurt in a variety of creative recipes of food or drinks can also be enjoyed the yogurt to the diet.
People who have lactose intolerance or have a milk allergy are advised to limit their intake of yoghurt or not to consume it. Consultation to the doctor must be done if you want to eat yoghurt for the diet but is in the period of treatment or taking certain supplements.