Eating too much salt is surely not good. Salt is often associated with hypertension, as well as diseases related to high blood, such as stroke and coronary heart disease. The best step is to restrict salt consumption according to the needs of the body in order to keep getting benefits.
Salt consumption are fitting to the body must be tailored to your age. The more you age; the young little body needs salt intake. The following consumption of salt is recommended based on the criteria of age.
1. For infants under a year old, it is recommended to be given salt intake is less than 1 gram a day.
2. The ages of 1-3 years, the recommended consumption does not exceed 2 grams per day or the equivalent of 0.8 grams of sodium.
3. Ages of 4-6 years, the recommended consumption does not exceed 3 grams per day or the equivalent of 1.2 grams of sodium.
4. The ages of 7-10 years, the recommended consumption not exceeding 5 grams per day or the equivalent of 2 grams of sodium.
5. The age of the child 11 years upwards and *dults, consumption does not exceed the recommended 6 grams per day or the equivalent of 2.3 grams of sodium. For sufferers of heart disorders, recommended limiting sodium intake to 1.5 grams per day.
The benefits of salt containing iodine for the body indeed is very vital, one of which was instrumental in the production of thyroid hormone. In addition, salt has the following benefits:
1. Prevent interruption of development
The shortage of salt can be bad on pregnant women. A too little iodine can lead to fetal disrupted brain development and physical as well as mental disorders.
2. Maintain the body's fluid balance levels
Salt can make anyone sweat, while keeping the body temperature to keep it normal and avoid dehydration.
3. Maintain the functions of the organs of the body
Sodium in salt was instrumental in the delivery of nerve impulses from the brain throughout the body and coordination of muscle tissue. All these functions will run optimally if salt needs are met and maintained body fluid balance, nothing more and nothing less.
4. Prevent low IQ
Iodine is very important in the first year of life, especially the age of 3-5 years. The study said that iodized salt-deficient child has an IQ (Intelligence Quotient).
The benefits of salt which is very vital in the above wouldn't you feel if salt is consumed excessively. Excess salt can disrupt the balance of fluid that will raise blood pressure so as to make the burden of the heart increases. The older the age and the higher your blood pressure, risk of developing stroke, osteoporosis, and kidney disease can also increase.
Given the benefits of the essential salts and their effects that harm to the body if it is excessive, then the appropriateness of consuming salt must be observed. Limit the consumption of snacks and take note of the content of sodium on food and drink before you buy it. In addition, choose iodized salt so that the benefits of salt as a source of iodine as well we can get.
Tag : Dieting